WHAT DOES DECUMA DO?
Character Connections: The Sun Cards – Suits of Wands & Cups
Players come to the table with basic character concepts, but by using Decuma they create backstory and connections with one another that enrich the story. It gives the players and the GM lots of story elements to work with so no more strangers meeting in a tavern!
Location Building: The Star Cards – Suits of Coins & Swords
Decuma facilitates collaborative world building for any setting! Whether you need a fantasy village, a generation ship in space or a neighborhood in an urban city, this game can make it! By the end of your session you will have a map to reference during your campaign, NPCs the party can interact with, and cultural elements, such as slang terms or philosophical beliefs. Best of all, the players know the location as well as the GM so lots of explanation time is saved later!
Group Dynamics: The Moon Cards – The Major Arcana
Your PCs shouldn’t just have history with each other! They have been interacting with the rest of the world too! Who are the party’s allies? What do they believe in? What big event made them famous or infamous? Building another layer on the location and character connections, they players also gets to build a collective history that will impact how they interact with the game world as a party!
Decuma can be easily customized to fit your needs just by including or excluding cards!
Running a pre-written D&D adventure in Waterdeep? You already have a location! Leave out the star cards and just build character connections and world dynamics!
Playing a PBTA game like Masks or Demigods that has built in character connection mechanics? Just play with the star and moon cards to build your location and your world dynamics!
- Watch creator Kimi run Decuma to create a Sci-Fi world on the Happy Jacks RPG Network
- Listen to Decuma used for Vampire 5th Edition (Decuma starts around 0:30:00) on The 12-sided Stories Podcast
- Watch Decuma used for Shadowrun 5th Edition on the Happy Jacks RPG Network
- Watch Decuma adapted to be used without character connections for Masks: PBTA (Masks already has a great character connection system built in!)
- Watch Decuma used to create a Supernatural Depression-Era Carnival , Livestreamed from the Strategicon Convention
- Listen to Decuma build both a gritty Wild West town and a TSA-style Space Port on The Critshow Podcast
- Listen to Kimi run Decuma for the Redacted Files Podcast
- Listen to Decuma build a monster-filled Wild West town on the She’s a Super Geek Podcast
- Watch Decuma used to build a steampunk fantasy world and a corporate-owned Mars colony on Saving Throw Show!
- Listen to Kimi talk through Decuma and give some examples of its abilities on the Fear the Boot podcast!
Created & Written by KIMI HUGHES
Tarot Art by SAMANTHA TERRY
Booklet Design & Layout by RAINFALL
Proofreader STEPHANIE MITCHELL
Kickstarter Team AABRIA IYENGAR, MAC BEAUVAIS
Special Thanks To
HAPPY JACKS RPG COMMUNITY